Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

11 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby ccie4526 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:38 pm

Hi Guys,

Webmap server has been timing out for the last several days I've checked it. :(

...Ron

Postby uhtu » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:19 pm

it happens, we're working on solutions.
its never down for days, however. just unfortunate timing.

its back up now. sorry for the inconvenience.

Postby ccie4526 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:49 pm

its back up now. sorry for the inconvenience.
Thank you and all the other guys for keeping this place running, I'm sure you guys never hear that as much as you should!

Postby ax0n » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:58 am

Is there maybe a way to create a web-accessible script to allow users to kick it in the nuts when it's not responding?

Postby uhtu » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:33 pm

probably not.
most of the time that its "not responding" its because its being heavily used.
..and then it becomes heavily stuck.

we are working on non-invasive technical fixes, they just take some time.

Postby ccie4526 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:11 am

Ok, I defintely shouldn't be awake at 2am and thinking about things.

Here's a weird feature request.... webmap server has this really neat function to display all APs first discovered by the logged-in user. Is it possible to get an option to display all EXCEPT those discovered by the logged-in user?

Postby bobzilla » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:40 am

technically possible with an update to the messaging format, but why is that useful?

Postby ccie4526 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:02 am

Like I said, ramblings from the mind at 2am. ;)

There are places where I have "gathered electronic intelligence", where I suspect I'm the only one doing same. If I can filter out all of the APs that I have found, then I can see if someone else has or has not covered an area and if so, how well, and then I can plan my routing accordingly.

Maybe this isn't something so necessary in webmaps, but maybe in Jigle/Digle?

Postby jrcsnet » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:51 pm

Another idea that I've had that would be nice, in either webmaps or even just jigle/digle, would be an option to view the locations that have been found by other members of your group as well as just your own.

Postby ccie4526 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:41 am

I'm thinking the webmap update generation script needs to be kicked..... Whole bunch of APs I uploaded over a week ago haven't shown up on any of the maps yet. For a while it looked like the script (or whatever it is that generates the updated map database) was processing the updates every few days.

Of course if I would just get jigle running on my *nix box I could see the things more rapidly, but naah, why make things easy? ;)

Postby bobzilla » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:36 pm

I just resync'd it, so your points should show up now.

11 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”