Group stats discrepancy..

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby Dutch » Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:32 pm

As we all know, there are Lies, Damn lies, and Statistics...
How come there's a discrepancy in the numbers from the main group stats page, compared to the summed numbers on the individual group stat page ?
I.E. NS foum group says 30 members, and when looking at the detailed stat for the group, only 29 members are listed.

The totals on the main stat page:
New Networks Discovered : 126130
Total Networks Observed : 169821
Members :30

The sum on the detailed page:
Discovered Networks With GPS : 120051
All Networks Recorded : 169821
count of members listed : 29

If the same discrepancy had existed in both the GPS and All Networks sums, I would have guessed that somebody with 6081 AP had left the group, but as it is now, I'm scratching the back of my head and say "Ehh ??!?"

Dutch

Postby uhtu » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:44 am

note that you're looking at two separate statistics, an artifact of how the group stats are assembled versus the individual ones.
versus
as the saying goes, please read carefully.
mileage may vary. yours will be less.

sorry for the confusion, which while occasionally funny, isn't always our primary goal.

Postby Dutch » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:52 am

note that you're looking at two separate statistics, an artifact of how the group stats are assembled versus the individual ones.
versus
as the saying goes, please read carefully.
mileage may vary. yours will be less.

sorry for the confusion, which while occasionally funny, isn't always our primary goal.
Okay, that explains the discrepancy in that part, but what about the members count ?

Dutch

Postby uhtu » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:46 pm

oh, that.
only members who have points with gps show up in the details.
again, an artifact of the setup.

someday i'll learn to read the whole question :-)

Postby Dutch » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:47 pm

oh, that.
only members who have points with gps show up in the details.
again, an artifact of the setup.

someday i'll learn to read the whole question :-)
Ehmm, uhmm.. I see one member, Sdacko, in the detailed stats for the group, who have 485 discovered networks, but 0 with GPS.. What did he do to show up in the details, which the missing member didn't do ?

Do we have a member who haven't found any networks at all ? Or a member who left and joined another group, but the group membercount hasn't been adjusted accordingly ?

Dutch

Postby bobzilla » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:40 pm

Probably a member who has no networks at all, not even not-new ones. It just falls out that they are not shown because of how we do the generation, but it also discourages people who have not submitted anything at all from joining groups.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”