Need a netstumbler PGM that works on linksys WUSB11 ver 2.6

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

4 posts • Page 1 of 1
I am new to this but after being laid off from the telecom sector I found a real need in Michigan, there are countless people who are installing completely insecure wireless systems that comprmises corporate security.

What I need is a little help, so that I can show a customer who insecure the network is. I need a way to show mac cloning, and any other method used to intrude in a wireless network.

Is there a netstumbler style software that will work on a linksys WUSB11, ver 2.6?

any suggestions?

basically I want to be able to hack a network and then show the customer how it can be done and be able to correct the problem. Some of these installers are only using mac filtering and telling the customer it's hack proof, and they still have the default ssid's ect.

I will take any suggestions... jimmi3577@yahoo.com

Postby rjsjr » Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:02 pm

I don't have one, but I've heard claims that the wusb works under xp with the latest netstumbler, see: http://forums.netstumbler.com/showthrea ... eadid=7056

Postby uhtu » Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:39 am

for what its worth, i would say the following: don't break into someone's network first and then ask permission. unauthorized use of a network is illegal. however, IANAL, so take that with whatever you feel is an apropriate ammount of salt.

Postby Mr.White » Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:31 pm

Just pony up the 50 bucks for an Orinoco card. Then you can use an external antenna.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”