cant login to wigle.net for weeks

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

14 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby lemonacid » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:16 am

Hello.
After creating wigle.net account i'm had only once successfully logged in to wigle.net site
later i'm getting "Cannot validate this user" error or simply clean black window with [X] button in upper right angle on every try.
i've been reset password many times, nothing changed.
but android app succesfully uploads data with my credentials.

Postby bobzilla » Sun May 03, 2015 11:58 pm

Our systems flagged this account as fraudulent, you should be able to login now.
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit
I am a very new (today) user, and have a similar problem. Initially, I tried setting up a login without a user ID (because the system didn't say it was necessary). No workee. Eventually, I changed my name, added a user ID. After further hassle (involving a password reset to the same password it should have had in the first place) it STILL wouldn't accept data transfers. And that points out the need for a MANUAL. You know, those old paper things which should tell us how to use something?
I did a run (my first) and it asked me (prior to my setting up the account; again, it didn't say I had to...) if I wanted to upload. Sure I did!. But then, the thing rejected, bad password. Except the password WASN'T bad. So, I tried to do an anonymous upload (of what I guess my phone calls a new 'run', but really containing virtually no new data)), and it worked. Problem is, I'm so new at this, I want to ensure that my first 'run' actually uploaded. Right now, I don't think it did. And because there is no MANUAL (!!!) I can't figure out how to re-attempt to re-upload an old 'run'.
This is NOT NOT NOT 'intuitive'!!!
Should I be angry?
bobzilla missed you message
logged successfully, thanks
Glad it's working for you lemonacid. Also 32894155 up there eventually got everything working.
I have the same problem as OP. I can login to the forums just fine, but no login to wigle.net. Android says it's uploading the files. Have tried several password resets but no sucess.
Similar issue ladosha, you should be ok again.
everything's working! thanks for the fast reply. :)
Hi guys, i have the same problem :(
Updated for you, jberezhnoy.
Updated for you, jberezhnoy.
Million thanks, Bobzilla, it works now!

Postby condi » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:14 am

I can't login to the website either. I can upload to Wigle from my devices with my account without issue but when I try to login on the website I get "unable to validate user" or something to that effect
You can get the password you use from the app, go to settings and click on 'show password'. Make sure you are using the same one. If you are stilling having issues let us know via email at wigle-admin at wigle.net.

Postby condi » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:09 am

Hi bobzilla,

I have sent an email to wigle-admin as advised

Uploads work from my device but I still cannot login on the website using those same username / password details as on my device

14 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”