Netstumbler upload - never shows up

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

2 posts • Page 1 of 1
I'm new here but does it normally take a LIFETIME for a netstumbler upload to show up on the map? I scanned my neighborhood weeks ago and still not on the map. I thought it was a crappy upload so I did it again and it still hasen't shown up another week later. This site would be really practical & "cool" if it did what it appears to do.

*gets down off the soap box*
I'm new here but does it normally take a LIFETIME for a netstumbler upload to show up on the map? I scanned my neighborhood weeks ago and still not on the map. I thought it was a crappy upload so I did it again and it still hasen't shown up another week later. This site would be really practical & "cool" if it did what it appears to do.

*gets down off the soap box*
It works just fine for the rest of us and I can vouch for 466,885 of them.

Depending on the time of day you upload they are usually on the map the next morning.

Look the data you uploaded. If it doesn't have GPS coordinates, it will not be on the map until you upload something with GPS coordinates. Go to the uploads page. Did that upload give you something other than zero in the "New Networks with GPS" column?

Edit: Sorting by upload date, I found you.

mrdmartin 586 (0.008%) 596 0 16-Jul-2006 24-Jul-2006

It looks like you're good on having GPS coordinates for the majority of your networks so I'd look at the file you uploaded that's in question and make sure the GPS coordinates in it are good and match the area you're looking in. Sounds dumb but I've had GPS signals get screwy and drift with certain GPS's that I "used to use". If all that is good, email the WiGLE transaction ID to the WiGLE staff and get them to check it out.

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”