Plot Error

Found a problem? Tell us about it! Topics-per-issue, please search before posting.

11 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby samuelkwest » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:05 pm

When I zoom in, all I see are blocks of "Plot Error" messages. Why is that?
- s.west

Postby richon » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:29 pm

at least is not just me :mrgreen:

Postby LuminousRadius » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:15 pm

I believe this Twitter thread should answer any questions.

https://twitter.com/wiglenet/status/1387228131266732037

The first post reads:
Apologies for the continuing service interruptions. We’re working hard to ameliorate the effects of an ongoing massive, ill-conceived harvesting attempt. Dear harvesters: maybe look at the data you think you’ve got. Seriously, just draw it on a map and see whether it looks right?
Further down about four hours ago from this post:
work is ongoing, but we’ve repartitioned [sic] infrastructure to prevent outages based on the current new traffic pattern.

Postby arkasha » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:37 pm

Yeah, we've made some pretty massive upgrades in the last few days.
And no, we mean "repartitioned."

Postby HolidayGuy » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:23 pm

Yeah, we've made some pretty massive upgrades in the last few days.
And no, we mean "repartitioned."
An old thread, but just so you are aware It looks to be still happening for me in 2023
Attachments
plot error 10092023.JPG
plot error 10092023.JPG (41.74 KiB) Viewed 8426 times

Postby arkasha » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:53 pm

this usually just means the map server is overtaxed. waiting and reloading will almost always work.

Postby HolidayGuy » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:02 pm

Thank you

Postby MikeB3 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:06 pm

this usually just means the map server is overtaxed. waiting and reloading will almost always work.
24 hours after first seeing it, the "Plot Error" is back. My uploads seem to be being processed/trilaterated at good speed, and SOME of the overlay tiles on the website are showing updated finds. But others are stuck with Plot Error. Once the recent trilateration/processing problems have cleared, is this fallout from that or a new problem?

Postby arkasha » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:34 pm

Uploads and rendering are an unrelated pipeline - that shouldn't have an impact.

Like many resources, the mapping infrastructure is suffering from the current wave of attempted abuse. In general, scrolling, zooming, and refreshing taxes it further.

Postby mark571 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:50 pm

Like many resources, the mapping infrastructure is suffering from the current wave of attempted abuse. In general, scrolling, zooming, and refreshing taxes it further.
Does this account for why maps are not showing at all today on the home page or on the big map page even when doing a specific city location query? Yesterday, it was just the big map page. Today it's both.

Postby arkasha » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:24 pm

should be fixed now - let us know?

11 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Bugs”