here is an Wi-Fi throttle fix for Android 9 users (non root or rooted)

Issues with the Android network detection software. Please include Software version, Android version, and device when reporting

6 posts • Page 1 of 1
Just run this ADB command:

adb shell settings put global wifi_scan_throttle_enabled 0
Just run this ADB command:

adb shell settings put global wifi_scan_throttle_enabled 0
How do I do that?
What is this?
I haven't a clue.
it's an "android debug bridge" command - a developer tool for interacting with Android devices. You have to connect the device to a computer via USB and issue that command in a terminal session.

https://www.xda-developers.com/install- ... cos-linux/ for instructions to install ADB.

We've had mixed reports about success de-throttling Android 9 this way, if you do try it, please leave an account here including which device you tried and whether or not it was successful!
Yeah, I've done the wifi_scan_throttle_enabled method on my Samsung Galaxy S7 and it worked just fine (until a reboot, that is). To make it permanent, you need to make this change in the prop.build file
Hello , same issue here .. but samsung s8 aaand wifi throttle is not visible in developer settings neither.. , bluetooth works just fine , my only question is , do u did it on rooted phone or not ? Coz iam using it know and dont want to open it...
anyway i will try that little magic with ADB too
Since you're on Android 9 (and without installing Lineage/etc, there's nothing further official for that phone), ADB is the only thing that might work.
I'll also note (and this is a pain and not sustainable for casual detection) that since that device CAN do "split screen" you can work around by splitting, running WiGLE and the "connect to network" Wireless Network Settings option in the halves of the split (but seriously, hopefully ADB will just fix it for you).

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE WiFi Wardriving Bugs”