processing...

Notes regarding project status and info

11 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby uhtu » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:29 am

file processing is offline for a bit, we'll get it back online as soon as feasible.

thanks for your patience,

-kitten consumption division, wigle.net heavy industries

Postby bobzilla » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:27 pm

File processing is back on. Thank you for your patience while we continually work to increase scalability.
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit

Postby Tech^CF » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:45 pm

are you sure the kittens/hamsters are working?

Postby pejacoby » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:44 pm

Starting to look like an 11-day Chinese traffic jam here at the end of the queue... :)

Postby neverUmind » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:56 pm

Maybe the heavy machinery is about to cough up a fur ball. Some old timers spin tales of the CIA using puppies in their heavy machinery to avoid just such a thing. Now, I can't speak to the veracity of such loose talk, but animal shelters in Virginia and Maryland seem rather light in the puppy department lately.

Postby thwiggle » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:37 pm

Starting to look like an 11-day Chinese traffic jam here at the end of the queue... :)
Maybe it’s because of me?

Although not in China I’m living in a dense residential area in The Netherlands and bicycled approx. 7000 new acces points in the last two days with Wigle for Android.

Waiting for a status update with lots of pain in my ass from bicycling :mrgreen:

Postby uhtu » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:15 am

it is progressing. there have been a number of confluent events, which are resulting in slower than normal processing, and higher than normal inbound file posting traffic.
we apologise for the inconvenience, and will drive the kittens harder still.

Postby cirdec » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:51 am

Is there something wrong with GPS info parsing ? My last uploaded file (Wigle Transaction ID 0100902-00149) has no new locations and no New Networks with GPS although GPS coordinate are in the net stumbler file.
Sorry for my bad english, this is not my mother tongue.

Postby uhtu » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:28 pm

as always, if you have a problem with your postings, please let us know at wigle-admin@wigle.net and we'll look into it.. which i'm doing now for that transid :-)

Postby bobzilla » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:14 pm

Thanks for pointing that out, a few files during that timeframe had some issues while we were testing some new code, reran, looks ok now.
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit

Postby cirdec » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:06 am

Thanks for all that time you spend fixing all this.
Sorry for my bad english, this is not my mother tongue.

11 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE News”