Notes regarding project status and info

12 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby Citro1 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:05 am

Hello,

new Update vs. 2.11 by Playstore

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... -Oct1515-1

but no current changelog ...

Postby bobzilla » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:45 pm

It may not be updated for you yet, it takes google a while to roll it out. The changelog is:

* 2.11 (07/30/2016)
Added monthly/all-time rankings list
Added list of uploaded files
Added WiGLE News section
User stats and Rankings show diff from last month
Consistently use WiFi (thanks Aeyoun!)
Update Brazilian Portuguese store description (thanks artjacob!)
Update Norwegian store description (thanks Znerox!)
Update French (thanks AtomicJo!)
Update German (thanks mcliquid, kill0rz!)
Update Italian (thanks bellingeri!)
Update Japanese (thanks tinbotu!)
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit

Postby Fornax » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:09 am

* 2.11 (07/30/2016)
Consistently use WiFi (thanks Aeyoun!)
Is this the part where if the screen is off (phone in pocket while running) the Wigle app would sometimes work the same as with the screen on, but more often it would not record any wifi signals at all?

Postby Citro1 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:35 am

It may not be updated for you yet, it takes google a while to roll it out.
Last change Log is from (01/19/2014)

Postby bobzilla » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:38 am

Is this the part where if the screen is off (phone in pocket while running) the Wigle app would sometimes work the same as with the screen on, but more often it would not record any wifi signals at all?
That might be your device deciding to terminate the wigle wifi service due to memory constraints or to reduce battery consumption.
Last change Log is from (01/19/2014)
The web page and the google play store show the "What's New" with the text I quoted above. If your device is too old to run the current version it's possible that google is only showing you an old version that your device can support.

Postby Citro1 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:29 pm

The web page and the google play store show the "What's New" with the text I quoted above. If your device is too old to run the current version it's possible that google is only showing you an old version that your device can support.
Samsung S5 mini Android 5.1.1

Postby bobzilla » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:26 am

You can try logging out if you are logged in. The website and play store app has the 2.11 changelog up from everywhere we've tested.

Postby Citro1 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:22 pm

hmmm, from Windows 10 (PC + Android) , too --old changelog :?: but vs. is 2.11 to download

* 1.58 (01/19/2014)
Use WiGLE's OpenStreetMap tileserver
Added Turkish Translation, thanks ozdemircili!
Russian language fixes, thanks developexaccount!
Dutch language fix (thanks Roestje!)
Update to higher-rez icon

Postby csteddy » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:43 am

I may be blind but I can't find any place on the Android app that tells me what version I am running?

Postby morrisinc » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:38 pm

Anyone got a issue with this version not showing the current scanned list of networks on the network list screen? Run account increases and New ok still - the status line updates to say X scanned in xyz ms etc still but no list displayed.

Postby csteddy » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:52 am

I think that there is an issue. I have two phones. One (I think) is running the old software and my new Moto G4 is running the new. Sitting them side by side the old Sony Z2 is picking up far more new networks. Before the upgrade, the Moto G4 would best the Z2.

Postby bobzilla » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:35 am

Nothing around the actual scanning changed or the list view changed in this update.

12 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE News”