Upload Formats & a noob user

Notes regarding project status and info

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby stealthtactics » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:40 am

Hello,

I am new to wigle and using kismet. In the past I have used netstumbler for wardriving, but it has been years since I have done it. I recently got everything running on a raspberry pi and the collection is going good. My first attempts at uploading the new format .kismet file didn't work for now obvious reasons. I attempted to use the app on my phone and it worked great and I could see instant results. I have no plans to run the app very often on my phone at this time. I would like to figure out a way to use the data collected on the raspberry pi.

After doing some more reading I discovered I can convert the .kismet files to .kml using the kismet_log_to_kml.py script. The data viewed fine in google earth. I was also trying to upload the .kml files here to wigle but no stats are updating. I need to be pointed in the right direction to provide the right file format for my data to be accepted. As new users start using the Raspberry Pi for wardriving, many of them will start generating the new file format which won't work on your service at this time. I am not sure if you can access my previously uploaded files or if I need to email one direct for analysis. Please advise.

Thanks for any help in advanced and I look forward to contributing usable data!

ST
I went back to a previous version of kismet from 2016 and the file formats are good. I will stick with this version until the newer kismat format is supported.

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE News”