Can I use my Laptop nic for wardrive?

The gear needed for wardriving

11 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby kvdd » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:13 pm

Hello, im new, and have 2(short) questions.

I am reading the ebook "Hacking Wireless Networks for Dummies" that is aimed to are ethical hackers. Like you I think.

I am setting up Cygwin on my XP Pro laptop. To create the possibility to use all wardrive tools.

My questions:
- Can I use my onboard Broadcom Gigabit (10/100/1000 NIC) PCI Express Ethernet controller laptop NIC? (have antenna's at both sides of my LCD screen,and is really good for normal home use)

- When the answer is no, what wireless NIC should I use? You have the experience, therefor I asking you. (The external antenna could I get everywhere, you should know)

That are my questions, and I hope you are willing to answer my noob questions! ;)

I am reading the ebook "Hacking Wireless Networks for Dummies" that is aimed to are ethical hackers. Like you I think.

I am setting up Cygwin on my XP Pro laptop. To create the possibility to use all wardrive tools.

My questions:
- Can I use my onboard Broadcom Gigabit (10/100/1000 NIC) PCI Express Ethernet controller laptop NIC? (have antenna's at both sides of my LCD screen,and is really good for normal home use)

- When the answer is no, what wireless NIC should I use? You have the experience, therefor I asking you. (The external antenna could I get everywhere, you should know)

That are my questions, and I hope you are willing to answer my noob questions! ;)
How does "Hacking Wireless Networks for Dummies" help with Wardriving? What do you think Wardriving is?

To answer your questions. Yes.

Using the search tool will help answer your questions as well.

Postby kvdd » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:18 am

Haha :) I know that you think that I am bad. But the ebook Hacking Wireless For Dummies explains me how to sucure my wireless network by thinking as a hacker (black hat).

I know that WARDRIVING is others, but you also try to get in some network, and you use the same tools as the ethical hacker (white hat).

So thanks for you reply, but I know by searching the internet that my wireless NIC (IPW3945) not can be used for packet injection.

So I think my, and also your questions are answered.

Thanks.

Postby themacuser » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:23 pm

I know that WARDRIVING is others, but you also try to get in some network, .
No, you do NOT try to get into networks when wardriving. I think you have the wrong idea.

Postby dagaroth » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:36 am

what, you're not supposed to r00t thine neighbors box while driving at 45mph? I must be doing this wrong :P

My questions:

How does "Hacking Wireless Networks for Dummies" help with Wardriving? What do you think Wardriving is?

To answer your questions. Yes.

Using the search tool will help answer your questions as well.
yes wardriving may not mean hax0ring wifi's but the two go together very well.

Postby themacuser » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:02 am

They shouldn't, and this is the kind of thing we dislike, as it makes everyone believe that we are blackhat hackers, out to cause damage...

Postby bobzilla » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:27 pm

Wardriving is listening to the radio. Anything else is something else. I, for one, like a stable, secure, speedy, exclusive internet connection, which I happily pay for.

Postby themacuser » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:01 am

Wardriving is listening to the radio.
But nobody would believe that doing so and pirate broadcasting go hand in hand, or that all radio listeners like to undertake this.

Postby AxlMyk » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:26 pm

I know that WARDRIVING is others, but you also try to get in some network, and you use the same tools as the ethical hacker (white hat).
Where do you get your information?

You have a totally WRONG idea of what we do. Perhaps you ought to study your homework more and leave the wardriving to those that appreciate it as a hobby.

Postby argh » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:56 am

The original posts were in Nov 2007, and they have only made two posts. We're probably beating a dead horse here.

11 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Net Hugging Hardware and Software”