WiFi-Where Released for iPhone/iPod Touch

The gear needed for wardriving

7 posts • Page 1 of 1
I'm pleased to announce that our new application, WiFi-Where has been approved by Apple and is not available for download on the App Store.

WiFi-Where is a simple, easy to use wardriving app for the iPhone and iPod Touch that includes an automated upload to the WiGLE.net website! It also includes many other features, such as the ability to customize your scanning settings and email a log to yourself.

Here is the app store link:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wifi-whe ... 47682?mt=8

The first ten people to email wifiwhere@threejacks.com and mention WiGLE.NET will get a promo code for a free copy of WiFi-Where!

Thank You,
Three Jacks Software

Postby bobzilla » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:54 am

I've been using this for a while, and it's very very well done. Go grab a copy! :)

Postby pejacoby » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:39 am

I took this for a test spin tonight, walking around the inside of my house. To my surprise WiFi Where turned up 4 new APs that I'd never spotted with WiFiFoFum on my iPaq!

The direct upload to Wigle is very slick -- is there a way to specify the observer credentials? I'll make a post on the ThreeJacks forum too.

Now to wrestle the Touch from my daughter's hands long enough to take it for a real drive ;-)

Postby wifiwhere » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:48 am

You can enter your WiGLE.net username from the Export settings screen (which can be in the upper right of the Export screen).

Feel free to email us at wifiwhere@threejacks.com if you have more questions!

Postby tavisb » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:00 am

DL'd it yesterday. Perfect. Great replacement for the busted up laptop and gps I was using, and always with me :).

Postby tavisb » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:51 pm

So its been pulled from the itunes store...going to cydia?

Postby MetatronBN » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:08 am

So its been pulled from the itunes store...going to cydia?
Hardly shocking, Apple hates freedom and wants to control every aspect.

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Net Hugging Hardware and Software”