Best car for wardriving

The gear needed for wardriving

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby bigstape » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:47 pm

If money were no object, which car do you think would be best for wardriving?

It was with some regret that I recently had to sell my old Honda CRV in exchange for the larger gas-guzzler I need for work.

The Honda sipped gas, was almost unnoticeable, highly maneuverable, had great visibility, and was rugged enough that I didn't worry too much about ruts.

I wish I could have kept the old CRV just for wardriving, but after 150,000 miles of hard use, repairs were costing me more than the car was worth.

I will miss my old Honda.

I've been outside the box. There's a bigger box.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and eventually you will run out of fish.

Postby dattaway » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:12 pm

At low speeds, the Prius gets way over 100mpg. That's over a 1,000 mile range per tank.

Postby bigstape » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:12 am

At low speeds, the Prius gets way over 100mpg. That's over a 1,000 mile range per tank.
Ah, but how well does it handle unpaved, rutted roads?

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and eventually you will run out of fish.

Postby RJ McKenzi » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:53 am

If your Wardriving down an unpaved road your less likely to get as much WiFi signals..

Postby bigstape » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:06 pm

Ah, but no AP shall go unmapped....

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Net Hugging Hardware and Software”