Collect network names for study

The gear needed for wardriving

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby mullw » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:53 pm

I'm writing an onomastic article about network names and wouldn't mind some suggestions on how to go around this as smooth as possible. I'm pretty new at this so I'll go ahead and ask for the most convenient way to collect names of networks/routers. I have iStumbler and IPNETmonitorX and plan to use an antenna for my mac. The thing is I only need the SSID-information in a spreadsheet to do my analysis. I can't seem to figure out how to export this after a scan, and maybe there's other softwares better for the purpose?

Postby bobzilla » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:31 pm

The WiGLE.net android client can export data from its sqlite database to the android's filesystem. Our website also has SSID stats, including a large csv, with ssid and count. As far as other wifi stumbling packages go, you'll have to refer to their documentation on exported file formats.
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit

Postby neffka » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:14 am

Is it possible to get SSID statistic by the country\city? Definitely different countries have different top SSID names, depending on provider\local network\local hardware manufacturer.
Is it possible to get SSID statistic by the country\city? Definitely different countries have different top SSID names, depending on provider\local network\mcdvoice aadhar cardlocal hardware manufacturer.
Yeah i want to know the same

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Net Hugging Hardware and Software”