Blackberry Wardriving App

The gear needed for wardriving

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby ViperVirus » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:49 pm

Hello I was wondering if there was a war driving app for blackberry preferably the old blackberry curves as they are dirt cheap, have a built in GPS, WiFi, 3G And most importantly a battery as well as allowing them to record data to a micro sd card so if anyone knowns of a war driving app for blackberry os please tell me

Postby bobzilla » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:46 am

I thought blackberry made it so android apps could run on them? No idea if wiglewifi would work there.
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit

Postby ViperVirus » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:41 am

Forgot about this post until recently so I'll post a update here encase anyone else was/is in a similar situation.

Blackberry OS 10 and greater seem to support Android apps however I have not tested this as I have a BlackBerry Curve 9720 which runs Blackberry OS 7.1 and thus cannot run Android apps. As far as I know there is no war-driving app available for Blackberry devices or at least Blackberry OS 7.1.

In summary I got a cheap used android phone with Android 5.1.1 to use for war driving rather than using my old Blackberry.

Postby arkasha » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:11 am

weirdly enough, the BBerry android devices were the source of so many bug reports that i picked up a refurbed Priv for development purposes; I've grown quite fond of it as a stumbling device, and I think you'll find that it works quite reliably!

Cheers,

-ark

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Net Hugging Hardware and Software”