Two mobiles for data collection is ok ?

The gear needed for wardriving

8 posts • Page 1 of 1
Hi.
Is it possible to have the same Wigle account installed on two mobiles and use them both, alternatively ?
Thanks
Very much so. It's the pro move.
I pulled out my Galaxy Core Prime, updated to the latest WigleWiFi, and sat it next to my Samsung Galaxy Edge S7 on the dash to and from work.
Damned if the old Prime didn't pick up 27 APs that the Edge missed, and a handful of Bluetooth devices.

Now how do I explain THIS to the family? They already ask me why I have so many phones...and stuff plugged into the lighter socket in the car....
some phones just stumble better! especially in the case of the Android Pie release, which will always be bad at scanning by design.
I'd recommend building a warPi and stuffing it into the trunk or a body panel, so they never have to see it.
some phones just stumble better! especially in the case of the Android Pie release, which will always be bad at scanning by design.
I'd recommend building a warPi and stuffing it into the trunk or a body panel, so they never have to see it.
Thanks.
I have a company car, sometimes being repaired, once a year or more being changed so...cannot really do definitive mounting inside.
I have never built any wardriving hw. Can you suggest me something not too expensive and easy to install ?
Or ...I was wondering...using my usual Android phone...how could I use an external antenna ? I "must" use another device or is it possible to remote connect an external antenna with Wigle ?
Thanks
In terms of external antennas, users have proudly showed us external antenna mods they've built for their phones - tends to void the warranty.
There's no "drone" mode for WiWiWa right now, but pull requests would be very welcome. We'll note that Kismet's protocol is a great standard for this sort of thing.

If you want to build a simple device, people seem to get a lot of mileage (hahah) out of Kismet on an small Raspberry Pi - just add scripts to auto-upload when on your home network and shut down cleanly when car power ends.

There are a ton of cool rigs, but check out
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1916
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2435 and
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2437&p=9347

here on the forums for some ideas
I have seen also that my phone does not have a great battery so not always I may keep it scanning.
To continue to do so I would use a second phone.
Which also means that in some cases I might have them overlap for a while, i.e. both scanning.
Question: in case I upload files what come from same areas and same time with partially same BSSID/GPS is it an issue or simply they are going to be discarded since considered "double" ?
I'm asking...don't want to be considered as a cheater... :-(..... in case I won't do it for sure.
Thanks, ciao
more observations simply increase the accuracy of the data - there's no downside to multiple submissions from multiple phones.
Our duplicate filters are so strict that two independent phones would be unlikely to trigger them.

-ark

8 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Net Hugging Hardware and Software”