etrex GPS, dell true mobile series 1150 mini pci card, netst

The gear needed for wardriving

6 posts • Page 1 of 1
works great!
its what i'm using to map Reno, Nevada!

whoohooo!

Postby fuhqueue » Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:17 pm

Yikes. I guess we're both driving around Reno. You got me and put me in the database. Just two weeks ago I learned about this stuff, changed my SSID and stopped broadcasting it. I always had MAC filtering and Encryption. My surprise when my SSID came up in the database. Looks like you're getting quite deep into the neighborhoods.

Postby dumbbunny » Thu Oct 10, 2002 6:10 am

Gateway Solo 1450, Orinoco Gold, eTrex Legend, also Compaq 3955 w/same card. Soon as I get the GPS figured out, I'll start mapping.

Postby ccie4526 » Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:31 pm

Dell Inspiron 5100, Dell TrueMobile 1150, Pacific Wireless 2.3-2.5GHz broadband +15dB RF preamplifier, Modded Delorme TripMate, +5.5dBi mag-mount antenna, RedHat 8.0, Kismet.

Look at the national map, http://www.wigle.net/images/national.png
I claim the trail from West Texas up to Central Kansas, then back down to the southern tip of Texas. :wink:

End of July, I have a road trip from WTX to Tulsa, OK. Watch my trails!

...da Ronster

Postby tooocool » Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:54 am

i'm using a dell latitude CPi (400mhz pent 2) with 256 megs of ram. a 3 gig hard drive (which actually is only 1.5 gigs after installing winblows xp) and a dell truemobile 1150 (re-badged orinoco gold). I dont have a GPS unit yet, but soon as i can get the 70$ for a reciever off ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=4668) i'll be mapping. In the meantime, i'm just gonna verify the emmet county, Mi. map.

Happy hunting

Postby h@nk » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:50 am

I've also been using a Dell 1150 with Orinoco Firmware. Recently changed the Hard MAC address on it using Alchemy. I just got a 300mW card, and am going to try stumbling with my 19dB panel ;)

I will make sure not to get my eyes or testicles in the beamwidth though! the EIRP on this thing is 43dB...well over FCC! Recomended distance using an online calculator is about a meter. :)

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Net Hugging Hardware and Software”