internal wi fi antenna information

The gear needed for wardriving

2 posts • Page 1 of 1
hi there i have a toshiba equium m50-216 which has an internal wi fi and thus an internal antenna (from what i can gather). the thing is i am in portugal studying and i have internet in the apartment i am staying through a land supply. however it is extremely slow and is pissing me off big time. The laptop i have is picking up some unsecured signal but cannot connect to them to allow me to surf the web. These signals are only registring two bars on the wi fi reader and i am assuming this is the problem. I have been trying to find what antennas i can buy to increase the signal to my laptop so as i can get a signal. i saw this on ebay a High Gain WLAN WIFI WI-FI USB dongle with 5dBi Antenna
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/High-Gain-WLAN...QQcmdZViewItem

Was wondering if it would solve my problem. As i have an internal wi fi card it seems to me that none of the cantennas would connect to my laptop due to having a pig tail connection. (might be wrong??) is there any other suggestion for ways in which i could boost the unsecured signal to my laptop. much appreciated

Postby i_do_dew » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:12 pm

you might want to search for the legality of what you are trying to do first. Since WiGLE is strictly interested in legal operation and mapping. No one here will help you steal service from your neighbors.

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Net Hugging Hardware and Software”