AP positions and the runs

Talk about whatever

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby Thanatoast » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:20 pm

Hello,
I am new to Wigle Wifi and to android (Toshiba Thrive). I really like both, but have a few questions/issues:
- Is there an instruction manual that might answer my other questions?
- What is a run? I go for a drive and when I get where I am going it says I am on run 379 (or whatever).
- When I query I put in a % as a wildcard thinking I'll get everything, but I only get the 50 closest to my house. Any way to change this behavior?

So, I exported the entire DB to KML and was looking at the map with Google Earth when I discovered that there are a lot of APs shown in locations where I know no none exist. They weren't all grouped together. They are spread out along the route as if I actually drove past each one. Why is that?
{edit} Shows what I know! There seem to actually be APs where I know (knew) there are none. Should be interesting to investigate that

Thanks!

Postby devights » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:34 pm

- What is a run? I go for a drive and when I get where I am going it says I am on run 379 (or whatever).
It's showing the number of APs detected for that 'run' [the period from when you launched the application to now]. Basically "150 New Wifi 800 Run" means that since last launch the application has seen 800 access points, 150 of which are not in your local database.

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “General Grabbag”