Where did they all go

Talk about whatever

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby Diceis » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:46 pm

Ive just started Wardriving and its kind of addictive lol.

I do have a few questions...

a few days ago I started driving (with my galaxy tab 2) and got around 400 Networks, then went for a drive and got another 600 or so, I then uploaded to WiGLE. I exported the whole DB to .KLM and opened with google earth and saw all 1000 of my found networks, yay.

The next day I imported my observed to my HTC One phone and saw all my preivious days networks.
I then went for a 45mile drive (with my HTC) and found another 1500 networks, when I got home I uploaded to WiGLE.

I then Imported my observed to my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, It showed 2500 DB, I then exported the Whole DB in .KLM and as before opened with Google Earth. All I could see was yesterday's 1000 networks and none of todays. I exported .CSV and all the networks were there. No matter what I did I couldnt see the new 1500 on google. I uninstalled the app on my Galaxy Tab 2 then reinstalled it, logged in and Imported observed from WiGLE. My DB is 2500 and 0 new, I exported the .KLM and all I see is around 10 in my area, none of the 2490 :(

Am I missing something, why cant I see my network pins in google

Postby bigstape » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:10 am

If you are referring to the wigle web maps, they can take a while to update.

I've been outside the box. There's a bigger box.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and eventually you will run out of fish.

Postby Diceis » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:13 am

No its not that. Im thinking WiGLE software doesn't like me using 2 difference devices for WiFi hunting.

All the WiFis I found with my HTC are on google earth from the exported KML. And none are on the exported KML with Google earth on my Galaxy Tab, despite downloading observed from my WiGLE account.

From now on I'm going to scan with the HTC, then export only to view on my Samsung Tablet as I have no PC at the moment.

Oh I'll be uploading 500 + miles of UK data over the next 2 weeks... enjoy :-D

Postby bigstape » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:49 pm

I use four different devices to locate wifi with no problems.

I've been outside the box. There's a bigger box.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and eventually you will run out of fish.

Postby igmrlm » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:55 pm

I have this same problem, I got a new phone, moto G, and imported all of my observed networks from the last few years however now, all exports only have the networks I've scanned with the new device.

Postby khmann2 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:47 am

my experience is that when downloading your own networks, you only get the MACs, not the GPS coords or other data. disappointing... I now backup all my data locally.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “General Grabbag”