Android or wigle app stops scanning

Talk about whatever

2 posts • Page 1 of 1
I'm confused why my android razr running cyanogenmod stops scanning after a random amount of time. The wigle app will no longer see APs. Sometimes if I switch wifi off and/or manually tell the phone to scan from the wifi menu the scanning will return. Often I have to reboot the phone and even then that does not always work.

Also, I found the app "wifi-fixer" hoping that could address a common wifi/android issue but it hasn't helped.

In the end my wardriving is not reliable. if I put the phone in my bag and ignore it I will be disappointed to find that it hasn't been scanning. And I verified there are APs in the area with another phone.

any help would be appreciated, my googling isn't finding decent results. Mostly I find links to "turn off google wifi idle scanning" and more links wo other war driving apps (which I've also tried)
Unknown, we are just issue scan requests to the Android sdk, and recording what it calls back to our app with. Having some logging while it is happening might help, you can look at the system log with an app like 'aLogcat' and if you see something interesting email it in to us.
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “General Grabbag”