Max file size change?

Talk about whatever

10 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby resu-repus » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:01 pm

After a quick one hour run today, I noticed my uploads weren't uploading.

<html>
<head><title>413 Request Entity Too Large</title></head>
<body bgcolor="white">
<center><h1>413 Request Entity Too Large</h1></center>
<hr><center>nginx/1.8.0</center>
</body>
</html>

It appears the maximum file size has been significantly reduced. After trial and error it now appears that files more than 100,000 lines won't be accepted? Previously I was uploading 5mb gzip'd files for years - is this new file size restriction intentional / temporary? It appears it's the same whether I upload in a browser or using curl. Why the change to such small upload sizes??

Postby bobzilla » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:58 am

This has been fixed via a configuration setting, apologies.
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit

Postby resu-repus » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:33 am

Oh wow, thanks for the good news.

BTW, what is the max file size (compressed with gzip) ?

I would like to (eventually, just not today) add a max limit function (and auto-split my files) to my upload script just so I don't hit that restriction in the future if I go out for very long walks. Thanks in advance :)

Postby bobzilla » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:14 pm

Probably good to split around 128MB.
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit

Postby resu-repus » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:15 pm

Hi Bobzilla,

Last night I hit a barrier at 85mb - not 128mb. Config issue again?

Thanks in advance.

Postby strasharo » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:34 am

What is the maximum size allowed for upload? I just tried uploading a 81mb .tar.gz and it finished with a blank screen and files weren't listed in the uploads.

Postby resu-repus » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:06 pm

Hey Strasharo,

Bobzilla had recommended to split at 128mb, and shortly after that, I thought I recalled uploading a 95mb file with no problems - but just hit a problem with an 85mb file a couple of days ago - so wondering what had changed.

Postby resu-repus » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:11 pm

BTW, it looks like the upload processing is stuck. Unprocessed uploads are at 169 and queuing. :o

Postby strasharo » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:49 pm

Any idea how can we split a large gpsxml from Kismet into multiple chunks without corrupting its integrity? :?

Postby resu-repus » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:25 pm

Hi Strasharo,

Assuming your on Linux/Unix, there's always multiple ways to do anything. :)

You might try looking at the "split" command. You can use this at the command line to split the file size into chunks sizes that will work for uploading, and then manually copy paste the file header into each "chunk" file. Or you might try scripting it so suit your personal needs in bash, python or something - to automate /ease your upload tasks.

https://kb.iu.edu/d/afar

10 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “General Grabbag”