What does the red cracked lock icon mean?

Talk about whatever

5 posts • Page 1 of 1
In the Android app, my own network has a red cracked lock icon. Does that mean the network is unsecured? (It uses MAC authentication.)
Well, I set up WPA2 on the router, but the icon did not change and [WPA2] was not added to the row in the table.
the red cracked icon generally means that no WEP/WPA encryption was detected. The padlock icon is *just* an illustration of router encryption, we don't advocate connecting or testing security beyond simple broadcast-content evaluation.

if you're asking about WiGLE WiFi Wardriving, the value should change when you scan the updated network.
if you're asking about the site, the value will update when new observations have been uploaded, indicating the change!

Cheers, and thanks for your interest!
Well, I set up WPA2 on the router, but the icon did not change and [WPA2] was not added to the row in the table.
I was having the same issue and couldn't figure it out.
I ended up creating an account on wigle.net and when I uploaded they changed to green. I did it as my logged on user but if you go to register the account there is an option to do it anonymous, not sure if it would still work or not.

Absolute fix is to log in with your username and password and upload to wigle.net.

WhiteHatsRCool
any upload will fix it (logged in or not) - however the database can take some time to catch up

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “General Grabbag”