Question updating info by hand & GPS = Ranking

Talk about whatever

5 posts • Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Two questions here.

1. I have been trying for 4 days to update info by hand. Every time I try there is always some error in my formatting. I know my GPS coordinates for my home, as I had my brother inlaw use his GPS to give me the coordinates. I have followed the examples carefully. Any hints or suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong? There seems to be no pattern to the failures. They are different almost every time.

2. Do you not get any ranking until you have at least one GPS entry? And sub-question, if you do the info update by hand, and include the GPS info, will that be what you need to get a GPS entry to start your ranking?

Hope I am making sense.

Thanks, Harvey

Postby NetBandit » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:37 am

Question 3:
Why don't you just get a GPS and do it right, insted of trying to inject garbage into the database?

-NetBandit
Sorry, but since WiGLE provides a link for manual entry, I thought it was ok, as compared to garbage. Oh, before your "reply" I had indeed purchased a GPS. So, maybe my can relax now.

hbest
Sorry, but since WiGLE provides a link for manual entry, I thought it was ok, as compared to garbage. Oh, before your "reply" I had indeed purchased a GPS. So, maybe my can relax now.

hbest
Huh?

Postby bobzilla » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:26 pm

We'd need the (full) error messages to start looking into any issues people run into. Otherwise there is no place to begin an investigation.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “General Grabbag”