wireless networking noob...

Talk about whatever

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby kupot » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:42 am

okay, so here's the prob...

i am trying to locate, find, and access the internet from my room and desktop computer to a wireless router around me. so, i got a wireless linksys adapter, and i have located a constant connection that, for the most part, is always available... here comes the problem... i need to be able to connect to it to be able to access the internet... (not for malicious reasons at all, btw, i need it to do some college hw, while in school, without having to pay for the connection, i am working full-time just to keep up with tuition). anyway, are there any pros at this that know of a website, or maybe they could explain it themselves, on how to connect and maintain a frequency to a connection.

thank you very much in advance.

another thing... is this illegal, some colleagues of mine say it is, some say it is open to anyone because the person is broadcasting it.

thx

Postby bobzilla » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:07 pm

You should trust the first colleagues on this one, unauthorized use of a computer network isn't a good thing.

Postby AZ_WD'er » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:46 pm

You seem to have internet access in order to post this question. What is wrong with that? Tuition price is not a good excuse for stealing something from someone elase. Conserve money in other ways to pay for things you need more. Try eating ramahn soup a few times a week (usually 10 for a buck) rather than steak, might end up saving a lot more than you thought.

You might also consider trying to find out who owns the system you are stealing service from, he might give you permission to use it (or might realize that people are out there stealing it and secure it like it should be in the first place).

Postby uhtu » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:50 am

mmmm. R.amen.

Postby kupot » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:21 am

ok, thanks.

yea, i have been hooked on ramen for a while now...

(i am over at my friends, but i feel like i am abusing my previleges... so, i was wondering if i could get it elsewhere)

but, thanks for your help!

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “General Grabbag”