Completed Successfully .. yet not on map

Talk about whatever

9 posts • Page 1 of 1
Newbie here .. I uploaded my first NS1 file about 8 hours ago .. it flew through the processing statuses in a few minutes, and now says "Completed Successfully" .. 100% Task %age complete.

Not sure what the line above all that means, when it says ' WiGLE currently has 21 files queued for processing' -- 8 hours ago, I believe it didn't report anything in the queue. -- Not sure if that means my NS1 file is sitting there, as that wouldn't make sense if my task is 100% complete.

Anyhow .. none of the SSIDs I submitted shows on the WebMaps. Did I do something wrong? Or does it take a day or two for the uploads to be fully processed?

Sorry for asking such a newbie question .. I searched up and down these forums for a FAQ or other post that might answer this question to no avail.

Postby Chuckster » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:21 am

The points do not seem to show up until the following day. I believe they generate some time between 1am CST and 9 am CST.

Chuckster

Postby duncantuna » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:25 pm

Yup, you must be correct. They showed up this morning.

I guess it's just confusing when the status of your upload says 100% complete, yet it's, well, not.

Oh, well. Patience is a virtue. I'm just glad it worked.

Postby Chuckster » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:45 pm

If I may ask... Where were you mapping?

Chuckster.

Postby Dutch » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:05 am

Yup, you must be correct. They showed up this morning.

I guess it's just confusing when the status of your upload says 100% complete, yet it's, well, not.

Oh, well. Patience is a virtue. I'm just glad it worked.
The processing IS 100% done, when it says so on the Uploads page.
All the data has been processed and assimilated into the Wigle dataset, as can be seen on the Stats page and are readily available for plotting - If you use either the JiGLE or the DiGLE client and a corresponding mappack for the area you want to see.

The Webmaps aren't updated in real time, but processed once every 24 hours. Think of the Webmaps as the poorer cousin of the mapping family. If you want uptodate mapping, you have to use the more fortunate cousins of the mapping family - the JiGLE or DiGLE clients.

Dutch
[url=http://www.wigle.net/gps/gps/StatGroup/listusers?groupid=20041206-00006][img]http://home19.inet.tele.dk/dutch/netstumblerwigle.gif[/img][/url]

Postby duncantuna » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:20 pm

Chuckster: I was mapping inside zip 53217. One of those 1100 dots is my house. Guess correctly and you can stalk me. :wink:

Dutch: Thanks for the clairification. I wouldn't have guessed the D/Jigle plotters would have sucked in the data sooner than the Webmaps.

I do have a suggestion .. on the download page for the clients, it'd be nice if there was a description of what D/Jigle will do for you, and if it works in conjunction with which stumblers, and how one would set them up. -- Even the Wiki doesn't really tell you what they do.

Have to be honest, I don't grasp the value of the D/Jigle clients .. it seems their primary function is to import APs and map them .. like an off-line viewer of APs. I suppose if you were looking for a AP to use, it would help you navigate to that spot. I suppose it also helps wardrive, as you can fill in the spots that are blank. -- Perhaps an improved description/wiki would explain the other facets that would show me its value..?

I'm not asking for 10 pages of documentation .. but a couple paragraphs would do wonders.

Thanks!

Postby Chuckster » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:11 pm

Ouch...

No im not a stalker, just curious what state you were mapping in, sheez.

The answer WI would have been fine.

Chuckster.

Postby duncantuna » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:29 pm

Easy tiger. I was just kidding. See the winky-guy in the original post?

Postby Chuckster » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:24 pm

All good...

chuckster

9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “General Grabbag”