WigleWifi for Android Released

The frontpage news bits

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby bobzilla » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:03 pm

We've released WigleWifi for Android, available in the marketplace. Apple's arbitrary removal of programs from the iPhone app store convinced me to switch to a Nexus One, which I can develop for with full confidence that users, including myself, won't be forced to endure arbitrary and changing restrictions on what software we'll be allowed to run on our pocket computers. Let us know how it works, especially on other Android devices. A screenshot.
Last edited by bobzilla on Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby bobzilla » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:21 pm

Image Image

Postby Woodster » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:07 pm

I'm using WiGLEWiFi for Android on my Motorola DROID. Sometimes it works great and other times it seems not to pick up any networks between my start and finish points. Any ideas?

Postby icurnet » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:15 pm

I'm using WiGLEWiFi for Android on my Motorola DROID. Sometimes it works great and other times it seems not to pick up any networks between my start and finish points. Any ideas?
I have noticed that unless I turn my wifi on before running the app on my G1 phone it behaves in a similar manner.

Also, I posted this elsewhere here, if you delete all of your own wireless profiles and turn off "Network Notification" in your wireless settings on the phone your results will drastically improve.
------------------------------------------------
amateur radio, wifi enthusiast

Postby showline » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:36 am

Woodster wrote:
> I'm using WiGLEWiFi for Android on my Motorola DROID. Sometimes it works
> great and other times it seems not to pick up any networks between my start
> and finish points. Any ideas?
other WiFi's might have been in place for longer than yours, and have been mapped by someone before you arrive ?

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Frontpage”