TinGLE Source Available

The frontpage news bits

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby bobzilla » Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:57 am

Wos has made the source for the TinGLE Mac OSX client available. Grab it and have at it!

Postby DaveS » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:41 am

I am having a problem using Tingle. I cannot get the program to display a map behind the access points. also the program tends to crash and I am unable to restart the program, unless I delete and reinstall.
any hints
One item I just figured out and sent along to the TinGLE team -- placing the app in a subfolder with a period and a space in it's name causes crashes. I was seeing a reproducible crash in the MapPack Select routine under Mac OS X 10.2.8.

In my case, "Applications:wigle.net stuff:TinGLE" was an unhappy path..."Applications:TinGLE" is a happy home and the app runs well now.

Postby wos » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:38 am

I am having a problem using Tingle. I cannot get the program to display a map behind the access points. also the program tends to crash and I am unable to restart the program, unless I delete and reinstall.
any hints
Please contact me via the TinGLE Development List and I'll see what I can do to help you out here. Also, please download a copy of the source and run it in the debugger in Xcode. It sounds like your images are failing to load for some reason. I'll be able to help you better on that list.

Postby wos » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:18 am

In this release you get:
- Incremental Updates from WiGLE.net
- Authentication Support
- Better UI behavior during AP data load
- Assorted cleanups

Have fun, and let me know if you run into problems.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Frontpage”