New Jersey

Wardrivers: find others in your area

11 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby Phygar » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:49 am

The other thread was preventing me from posting, probably from it being nearly 2 years old. Shame this pace is so dead, it's loads of fun!

Anyway, I'm from Morris County, NJ and I'll be warcycling some more for fun if my mom ever gets off my back about it being unethical.

Postby Legodude » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:12 pm

I'm from Jackson. You can see my maps here. There also seems to be an older NJ thread here. I've up by you before but I don't plan on going out there again.

Whats so unethical about wardriving? As long as you aren't connecting to unauthorized networks, it's ok.

Postby toothpaste » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:25 am

anyone from jersey still active?

I'm in northern jersey, sometimes new york and new york city.

Postby Legodude » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:14 pm

I'm still somewhat active. I do north Jersey from time to time.

Postby toothpaste » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:41 pm

i've been driving to work a few different routes, from northern jersey to allentown pa. by the looks of it, everything on the way has already been found. i get less than 10 wifi found each way now.

have to find the time to go to the city again to pick up a few thousand more to bump me up in the standings.

Postby avaviney » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:36 am

Is this forum still active?

Postby Legodude » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:58 am

I am. What's new?

Postby Alvaro25 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:47 am

Hello there Phygar! I too had been having trouble posting in certain threads here which are quite old. I think this forum is pretty much unmoving as you have stated. Anyway, that being said, I am from New Jersey. Feel free to post me if you have any updates.
"Happy New year 2012"

Postby Legodude » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:53 pm

I was just looking around the NJ map and I just noticed some massive stumbling was done in Washington Township. I haven't seen anything this big, I'm assuming it's all from one user.

http://wigle.net/gps/gps/Map/onlinemap2 ... mapzoom=13

Postby kdn1480 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:49 pm

I usually don't find much on highways. Even with high gain antennas its just a matter of distance and other people have already found the hosts. I usually look for places in the direction I'm driving where I can get off the highway for a few miles and then get back on. If I see a set of buildings off of a common road on a highway I'll turn in and loop around. Also I've noticed that a lot of cities aren't mapped except for major roads that go through them. So I take rides through the small streets to find sites. Note: having a GPS is real handy for when you wander around a while and then have no clue what town your in.

Postby toothpaste » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:19 pm

I have just found kismac. My setup is very basic, hopefully I'll get some answers to make my setup better. I have a few antennas and some other wireless gear, i would like to try out.

Anyway, I looked at the map legodude posted, I drove some areas of washingtown township but this was done by someone else it looks like.

kdn1480.....highways are pretty much done. heavily populated areas with ever changing populations are the way to go for big yields.

just a thought

11 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Stumbler Meet and Greet”