Hi from San Diego

Wardrivers: find others in your area

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby c0nceal0ne » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:50 am

Has anyone seen the growth I have? I have seen more than 100% increase compared to last year in my area. I guess that is obvious with a hugh 300,000+ AP count! I think I am going to need a bigger antenna for WWWD5! Dont want to miss anything...

So what can be done to wake people up about securing their systems? Everyone seems to just ignore the data that these WWWD efforts produce... purhaps that is a different topic all together.

.c

Postby danx » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:41 pm

Hi, I'm from San Diego. Looks like you're no longer active, which is fine--thanks for your contributions.
If no longer active, could you make the "San Diego Stumblers" group public?

The growth in Wifi's is evident since I just walked around the UTC area for lunch (in San Diego, California) and uploaded my results:
912 wifis scanned, 391 new to Wigle, 3 new cells to Wigle. This is using a HTC Evo phone running Android Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) with the Wigle Wifi app.

I've done "war walking" before, but never got a GPS hooked to a laptop (too clunky for me). The smart phone with GPS, computer, wifi all in one is a great setup. No giant antenna though, but it's sure convenient.

Dan
San Diego, CA, US

Edit:
I just created another San Diego group, "San Diego Open Wardrivers". The group is intended for anyone in San Diego County, but is open to everyone--no pre-approval and you can join instantly (unlike the other San Diego group :? ).

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Stumbler Meet and Greet”