Sorting functionality

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby minstarmin » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:57 am

Hello,

I make rather frequent use of the web interface's search functionality, and am quite pleased with the substantial improvements that have been made to it in recent years. However, one notable absence from this multitude of new features is a result-sorting utility - one which would allow the user to organize the list of observations by their first/most recent dates, ESSIDs (alphabetical order), QoS values, etc. Perhaps it's already present and I'm just missing it, but if not, has the development of such a tool ever been considered? I feel that it would be of immense benefit to the wardriving community.

If no internal interest exists, I could also make my own attempt at creating a script for this purpose using the API (with your permission, of course). Maybe it could be added to the repertoire of "miscellaneous tools" on the Downloads page.

Thank you!

Postby arkasha » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:57 pm

You're not missing anything - the lack of "order-by" is one of the major shortcomings of WiGLE's api/v2. v3 is arriving endpoint-by-endpoint, but I don't know when we'll get around to search yet.
You're very welcome to use the API and sort the results, but as with all elements of the panopticon, the more specific your initial query, the more likely you are to get what you want!

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”