Android 11: Good to update?

Found a problem? Tell us about it! Topics-per-issue, please search before posting.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby 32894156 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:18 am

My main phone, which I have never used to wardrive, is now offering to upgrade to Android 11. I haven't tried to get the Wigle software to work on that phone, because I haven't found the explanation, and I cannot find my previous inquiries on the subject.
Is there any reason NOT to upgrade to Android 11?

Postby arkasha » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:17 am

Android 11 generally works fine, there's no special detail.
As with Android 10, you have to use the developer mode option to de-throttle WiFi connections. You may need to repeat this step after upgrading your OS.
It's worth noting that Android 11 is more aggressive about revoking permissions from apps on OS upgrade and when they're infrequently used. You can opt out of this in the settings, but it's worth checking you application permissions after upgrade (and after subsequent upgrades)

Postby ecramp » Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:36 pm

The latest Wigle update is working very well on Android 13 and my old Nexus still running Android 7.1.1 - all problems with GPS seem to have disappeared :D

Postby arkasha » Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:44 pm

Fantastic. We're aware that UI distance (vs. computed from route) is still wonky, but are actively working on it!
Thanks for the feedback!

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Bugs”