THE COLOR DOTS?

Notes regarding project status and info

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby SLS5S » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:38 am

I AM GETTING INTO WAR DRIVING, FOR SECURITY PURPOSES AND LEARNING WITH MY JOB. I KNOW THIS SOUNDS BAD, BUT WHAT DOES ALL THE DIFFERENT COLORS MEAN ON WIGGLE'S WEBMAP? I THINK ITS TO THE STRENGH, BUT AT WHAT LEVELS? AND WHEN YOU DO SEE A BUNCH OF RED AND PURPLE SQUARES, DOES THAT MEAN IT IS SECURE? PLEASE ASSIST. THANK YOU.

Postby uhtu » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:23 am

there's a bit in the wiki. might also want to have a look at ye olde caps lock key

Postby SLS5S » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:37 am

Hello: I have went through the site, but I do not see anything that explains the colors. Of note: nothing wrong in typing all caps, if people think I am yelling by that, then thats their mis-conception. Thanks. :lol: :shock:

Postby uhtu » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:33 pm

that link to the wiki explains the colors.

Postby Zachariah » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:00 pm

... Of note: nothing wrong in typing all caps, if people think I am yelling by that, then thats their mis-conception. Thanks. :lol: :shock:
If you're trying to communicate, and people misunderstand you, it cannot be solely be blamed on them (even if you are ignorant of their communication customs).

Postby Zachariah » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:03 pm

that link to the wiki explains the colors.
in fact it only says a couple sentences, so I'll quote them here to help avoid confusion:
QoS Stands for Quality of Service. This is an arbitrary WiGLE metric for an observed point. If an AP is seen on more than one day, or by more than one user, the QOS goes up, because it's more likely to be stable. This is often visualized in WiGLE.net clients by a color shift from Red (low QoS) to Green (higher QoS.)

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE News”