Kansas City Area?

Wardrivers: find others in your area

41 posts • Page 3 of 3

Postby Dread » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:39 am

Hello all, brand spanking new to the wardriving scene.
Been reading about it (I'm a closet networking junkie) for
about 6 months now, and have just gotten around to ordering a
laptop and figured what the hell? I'll try out some wardriving myself.

Lansing here, nice to meet you all.

Postby ax0n » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:00 am

Welcome aboard. I 'drove some of the bigger roads through Lansing and Leavenworth when a friend of mine lived up there. For the most part though, it looks like the whole area is ripe for the picking down the side streets. You should try to make it out to the 2600 meetings. That's where a lot of the wardrivers hang out. My combination Power/Serial GPS cable broke a while back ago, so I've been slipping in the ranks :(

I'll hopefully pick up a new cable for it soon and get back into the game. It's been a few months since I gave Olathe a good butt-kicking while delivering pizza. I'm sure I could find a few hundred new AP's in a week of delivering.

Postby vot » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:59 pm

I have my own little IT company here in KC and hobby wiuse have been getting into war driving and have a old laptop setup just for it dual booted with XP-stumbler and Auditor-Kismet.

If you wanna hang out and geek out let me know, I am always looking for KC hacker friends to hang out with..

Postby ax0n » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:37 pm

it looks like I might be having the weekends a little more open with my new job. You might try coming out to the 2600 meetings in Overland Park. They happen the first friday of the month at around 6pm at the Oak Park Mall food court. Look for geeks with laptops :)

Postby ax0n » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:50 am

FYI, if you're looking to do some Wireless security/optimization stuff, definitely look me up. I was about this close: || to starting my own info-sec company. The only reason I did not is because I lack a lot of the business knowledge and couldn't afford to go it alone.

That said, I have several sample documents, reports, and outlines that I've made for network security assessments, wireless security and performance assessments and wouldn't mind helping out on a few projects where time permits.

Postby ax0n » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:30 pm

Anyone up for the 2600 meeting coming up 9/1/06? Oak Park Mall, I'll probably show up after 5PM. Look for laptops, black t-shirts and omnidirectional antennae in the food court. :P

Postby asmodianx » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:45 pm

If you are in the 913/816 area stop by the food court after 5pm at the oak park mall for a meet and greet of local techie psychos, 31337 hax0rs and crazy science geeks.

Later
-Asmodian X

Postby dattaway » Tue May 01, 2012 10:41 pm

Just checking in and keeping Kansas City alive!

Postby ax0n » Wed May 02, 2012 2:09 pm

Duane is here, too! Awesome!

FYI, KC2600 did move to the Starbucks within Barnes & Noble at Oak Park Mall. This Friday is a meeting night. Personally, I'm always a bit late.

Updates at http://www.kc2600.com/

Postby dattaway » Fri May 04, 2012 2:20 pm

Duane is here, too! Awesome!

FYI, KC2600 did move to the Starbucks within Barnes & Noble at Oak Park Mall. This Friday is a meeting night. Personally, I'm always a bit late.

Updates at http://www.kc2600.com/
Excellent! I'm not the only one in Kansas City these days!

I'm busy building up a netbook rig after my cellphone's gps gave out a few days ago.

Postby bandy » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:41 pm

Another KC wardriver checking in, although I know ax0n and asmo and they know I'm involved. Current rig is 5 alfa receivers, 5 cheap mag-mount antennae, Garmin receiver, and an EEE PC 900 running Kismet on Linux. I need to build a rack-mount for the antennae in order to have them more securely mounted. They're in the slip-stream right now, but probably wouldn't hold on in extreme weather situations.

KC2600 meeting in a week's time! Look for the geeks at the B&N cafe.

41 posts • Page 3 of 3

Return to “Stumbler Meet and Greet”