Question about Nokia N810

The gear needed for wardriving

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby nrd » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:01 pm

I previously did my wardriving with a Dell Axim + CF GPS until someone broke into my car while at work.

I liked the Dell, WiFiFoFum was a great app for collecting points. However, because it was a Windows Mobile device and I don't use Windows regularly, the Dell ended up being used as a GPS and not much else. I'm looking to replace it with a Nokia N810. It runs maemo linux, so I assume I could get Kismet running on it.

Has anyone here used any of the Nokia tablets for wardriving? Thoughts? Feedback?

Thanks.

Postby argh » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:00 pm

I'm not familiar with a Nokia 810, but apparently someone has installed Kismet on a Nokia 800. Your mileage may vary, not responsible for accidents, etc.

Postby littledave » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:58 pm

I'm not familiar with a Nokia 810, but apparently someone has installed Kismet on a Nokia 800. Your mileage may vary, not responsible for accidents, etc.

That the only way to learn :D If it worked without any problems how much fun would that be?

Postby argh » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:27 am

I am more than willing to break my own things, in the interest of learning. I am reluctant to break other people's things, especially when I don't even know what they are.

Dragorn is apparently working on it, as of day before yesterday. It may be best to check there.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Net Hugging Hardware and Software”