Wigle Wifi for Android: Database corrupted

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Yesterday when I tried to upload my new locations the Wigle Android application froze on my HTC Desire so I decided to reboot the phone.

After rebooting Android the MySQL database was corrupted (See error dump below), unfortunately I don’t have any backups of the MySQL database yet.

I succeeded in uploading the cvs.gz file manually to the Wigle Server, but Wigle for Android started with an empty database.

Is it possible to rebuild / import to the MySQL database with all WigleWifi*.cvs.gz files which are all still present on the sd card?

I’ve some experience with MySQL but didn’t had time to look at the database structure yet, maybe later this day.

Kind regards,

Iwan

Thread: Thread[db-worker,5,main] throwable: android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabaseCorruptException: database disk image is malformedandroid.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabaseCorruptException: database disk image is malformed
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteQuery.native_fill_window(Native Method)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteQuery.fillWindow(SQLiteQuery.java:70)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCursor.fillWindow(SQLiteCursor.java:299)
at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCursor.getCount(SQLiteCursor.java:280)
at android.database.AbstractCursor.moveToPosition(AbstractCursor.java:171)
at android.database.AbstractCursor.moveToFirst(AbstractCursor.java:248)
at net.wigle.wigleandroid.DatabaseHelper.getCountFromDB(DatabaseHelper.java:581)
at net.wigle.wigleandroid.DatabaseHelper.getNetworkCountFromDB(DatabaseHelper.java:566)
at net.wigle.wigleandroid.DatabaseHelper.run(DatabaseHelper.java:129)
To follow up myself:
After rebooting Android the MySQL database was corrupted (See error dump below), unfortunately I don’t have any backups of the MySQL database yet.
Please read MySQL as SQLite in my previous post :wink:

After a lot of work I finally managed it to reconstruct the Android SQLite Wigle database with all my old cvs.gz files, after a test run everything seems to work OK again. (I get 'low' beeps on all places I visited in the past, and uploading the new locations from the test run today to wigle.net also succeeded.)

To prevent all this I'll backup the SQLite database in the future before uploading new locations to wigle.net

Regards, Iwan
Wow, congrats on reverse engineering everything. Sorry for the initial issue, the SD cards get easily corrupted if not unmounted cleanly, which is sad in this age.

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”