Where to find uploading instructions

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

3 posts • Page 1 of 1
I am getting to know the WiGLE site pretty well now, as I have had to search so many different sections for answers. Having just discovered WiGle, I guess that is not unusual for newbe's to ask questions but I find it hard to believe that the answers are not easy to find. Strange for a site that had been around since 2001.

Thanks to bobzilla I now know where to put the downloaded mappacks. As one question is answered I find I have more questions.

Maybe it is just me but I kind of expected that there would be a section, somewhere, that I would find answers to common questions. It is strange that the FAQ does not seem to be the place.

Questions such as "How to I upload data to WiGLE." I searched the wiki, the forum, the FAQ, and the upload page. All I found were people having problems uploading, a suggestion to upload to the streetmaps site, a suggestion on how to format the kismet files for uploading, but nowhere did I find How to go about uploading.

Now that I have formated some kismet data, as per the suggestion on the forum, I am ready, but not yet able, to contribute. Could someone either point me to a section I did not search or I missed,
please.

Postby PrairiFire » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:29 pm

On the main page its labeled "Add a wireless network to WiGLE [from a stumble file] or [by hand]" and at the top of almost every page on wigle net "Post File"

http://wigle.net/gps/gps/main/postfile/

Postby brittman » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:06 pm

Dah. I had found the Add a wireless network to WiGLE [from a stumble file] or [by hand]" but also saw the "You know this is Wrong"
so kept looking.

I did not check the "Post File". Why, maybe because I kept looking for "Upload File".

I would like to suggest that for dummies, like me, that something about 'Uploading GPS data to WiGLE" be added to the FAQ, with a pointer to "Post File" on the top of the main page. Post does not mean the same thing as upload, to me. It must be a generation thing.

I had done a Google search for this and did not find the answer there either.

Thanks PrairiFire. I appreciate your fast reply!

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”