Wigle Wifi Wardriving for Android ver. 1.53 (Sep 16, 2012)

The gear needed for wardriving

41 posts • Page 2 of 3
Very cool. I'm trying to upgrade my Wigle-Fu, as can be seen in a few other recent posts in this forum ;)

Thanks.

Edit 2 April 2011 : just got a Wigle update on my android last night, neat new bits, thanks ;)

Thanks for everyone's work on Wigle & WarDriving in general ;)
As per IRC: Been using wigle wifi wardriving for android, where does it take its positioning data from if no GPS co-ordinates are available? (Not certain lack of GPS co-ordinates is the issue). I have imported a KML export into google earth, it is showing 2 APs that are situated around my current location (among 9 others) as being at my old place across town, I have not been running wigle near that place, which makes me wonder why it thinks those APs are there. It is also showing several other APs in places I have never driven past that to my eye look erroneous due to the rural nature of their "location".
as noted on irc: we use Andoid's Location API, and never see the source directly.

i assume it is a very tiny bee inside my phone.
Ta. Is anyone aware of a way to have the KML data filtered in Google Earth? I.e. when importing the KML, I would like to be able to show only Open/WEP/WPA(2) networks as multiple networks at one location tend to be shown under one balloon which is not indicative of the actual encryption in use.
(Duplicate post - please delete if this is the wrong place.)

The new German "translation" is a (poor) joke.

I speak both English and German, but the new UI is neither. It's incomprehensible gibberish; presumably produced by some automated translator or simply looking up the words in a dicitonary and picking the first translation.

Just to make this clear: It's not stylistically imperfect, it's ABSOLUTELY INCOMPREHENSIBLE. It doesn't make sense. I have to translate every single word back to English and try to figure out what it's supposed to mean.

PLEASE revert to English or get a proper translation.
Noted, next version to come out soon will have a menu to choose the language the app will use, rather than defaulting to what the device is set to. We would appreciate any corrections sent to wigle-admin[at]wigle.net, the language files are available on the Download page.
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit

Postby bobzilla » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:54 am

* 1.44 (9/19/2011)
Allow choosing of language for the app (overriding the Android device's settings)
Adding Czech translation (thanks 'gpsfreemap'!)
Updated Swedish translation (thanks 'petri'!)
* 1.45 (9/23/2011)
Added: Danish, Finnish, Hebrew, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Chinese
Updated Dutch translation (thanks 'Remco'!)
Updated German translation (thanks 'doommaster'!)
Would you please update the current language files for download?

Thx, moeter
Hi,

the display of "SSID Label-Filter" seems a little bit broken now in the german language Version?

bye, moeter
Attachments
2011-09-25-18-10-10-609.png
SSID Label Filter (german)
2011-09-25-18-10-10-609.png (56.71 KiB) Viewed 48290 times
* 1.46 (10/29/2011)
Query by BSSID
Download previously observed networks to phone's db (Data->Import Observed)
Updated German translation (thanks 'moeter'!)
Updated Russian translation (thanks Alexander!)
Updated Czech translation
Fix error getting lastlocation on some devices
Export whole DB to CSV button
Have OSM use main GPS listener, rather than its own
Setting to not use network locations in-app (now the default)
Fix mute button comes up unmuted when it shouldn't
Don't make a wifi scan request if one is in-flight (and recent)
More precision on progress percentages
Is there any possible way plot Wifi locations and the type of security they implement, WITHOUT the SSID's being recorded. I will admit, i haven't checked to see if i can edit the KML files to see if this is achievable manually. Thought i would ask first. Thanks!
Hello!
Can this app Wigle Wifi Wardriving for Android show me what networks already are around me?
I can only see those ones, which I discovered. Why? :(
Is there a feature request page?

In the event that "you're lookin' at it"... What're the chances of either getting a locale plugin or some documented android intents so I can use llama to automate wigle scanning on my phone. I'd *love* to be able to have events defined which can start / stop scanning when I enter/leave certain places (save my battery!), and trigger an automatic upload when I return home / when a certain threshold (number of new APs, for example) has been reached. I actually use the free llama app (http://kebabapps.blogspot.com/) and would prefer native support there - but since llama supports locale plugins (locale is for-charge), I can accept that there might be a larger audience if locale was supported: http://www.twofortyfouram.com/developer.

Llama can also create custom automation using Android intents, so if there was some documentation on how I could do this without having a pretty GUI presented, I'd also be happy.

Either way, I suspect that enabling some automation might improve the frequency of contributions. I'd prefer that this be implemented directly in the Wigle app, but if it's a second extension app like other things sometimes do (for example, astrid) and I have to pay something for that, I'll still be first in line. :)
Is there a feature request page?

In the event that "you're lookin' at it"... What're the chances of either getting a locale plugin or some documented android intents so I can use llama to automate wigle scanning on my phone. I'd *love* to be able to have events defined which can start / stop scanning when I enter/leave certain places (save my battery!), and trigger an automatic upload when I return home / when a certain threshold (number of new APs, for example) has been reached. I actually use the free llama app (http://kebabapps.blogspot.com/) and would prefer native support there - but since llama supports locale plugins (locale is for-charge), I can accept that there might be a larger audience if locale was supported: http://www.twofortyfouram.com/developer.

Llama can also create custom automation using Android intents, so if there was some documentation on how I could do this without having a pretty GUI presented, I'd also be happy.

Either way, I suspect that enabling some automation might improve the frequency of contributions. I'd prefer that this be implemented directly in the Wigle app, but if it's a second extension app like other things sometimes do (for example, astrid) and I have to pay something for that, I'll still be first in line. :)
Yes, this would be awesome. I've tried to figure out a setups that would allow me to automatically start the app when I'm in my car, but there doesn't seem to be any way to do it.

I think bare minimum I'd need three actions:
* Start scanning
* Stop scanning
* Upload data

41 posts • Page 2 of 3

Return to “Net Hugging Hardware and Software”