Pulled over by highway patrol

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby TZz222zZT » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:18 am

Hi, I was recently pulled over and had my wigle running as I was waiting for officer to approach, I saw his official cell phone and computer appear, I think I copied it(but I don't know how to see me copied said or bssds) anyway now looking on the map it is not showing up? Is it possible it could chance from what I saw to a diff name? Any help would be appreciated. Also I'm a newbie but could someone inform me how I can put all my "tracks" on a spread sheet of sorts? Also can you look these up to see where they are real time? Thanks a million TZZz222zZT

Postby TZz222zZT » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:08 pm

I also have forgot to ask what are the coins in the top right hand side of the app for? How do you use them I have 137k is that alot? What's does it mean? Sorry again for the noob q. But I'd you don't ask you don't learn. Thanks

Postby arkasha » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:13 am

heya,

Those aren't "coins" - those are the number of networks in your local database - the data you can query locally and export.

if you're looking for a specific record, try the database search function on the network SSID with the name.

Postby TZz222zZT » Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:31 pm

heya,

Those aren't "coins" - those are the number of networks in your local database - the data you can query locally and export.

if you're looking for a specific record, try the database search function on the network SSID with the name.
Thank you! I didn't see this until just now. So I find it very very interesting when I run certain highway patrols bssids etc. Btw if this is against rules please delete (don't see why it would be though) regardless I've found that highway patrol use something asking you a PDA that they call an MDC, now when I tried to search it said (unauthorized access)? Can anyone tell mw what exactly that means other than the obvious? I assume (not that I would, but that they would make it near impossible for someone to even locate such a device even if one have a bssid ssid etc.) I've also found that metro motorcycle patrol uses a Intel PDA while Highway patrol uses redpine and crap forgot the name. However it appears metros encryption is much muuuxh harder to pick up. Though I think I've found out. Anyway of this is somehow taboo please remove. I'm simply interested in collection raw data and have no I'll intent. Just find it interesting. Thanks again!!!

Postby xorfare » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:58 am

Hi there, new to the community. So... when you say access denied, what software were you using? I imagine the setup would be like Wigle for Android then you just upload or dump the data out and analyze it separately no?

Postby TZz222zZT » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:33 pm

Hi there, new to the community. So... when you say access denied, what software were you using? I imagine the setup would be like Wigle for Android then you just upload or dump the data out and analyze it separately no?
Howdy, §o this was regarding a search I made on either the wigle android app or possibly the website (I think it was via searching the site actually.) Up until this point one could search everything except the mdc. I notice it's now been switched to show the mobile mtc and the laptop as well. There was surprisingly more info than I had expected to find and its probably for the best that this is no longer able to be found when one searches for "it(ß)" I've also noticed that "they" have removed it from the main map on the website, which comports with the little dots on my personal wigle map going missing. At first one could imagine using this to see where highway patrol sets up most commonly for "speed traps" and one could find this, however it's no longer available. I'm happy to see this because even I could find info I wasn't looking for and really honestly made me potentially concerned for their opsec (not sure why considering the feds help lock me up over a decade ago (pre silk road days, but the case involved online forums.) Regardless of that fact I'm now simply interested in simply collecting passive data and connecting all the very interesting dots on can legally collect.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”