Factory reset on Samsung Galaxy S8

Found a problem? Tell us about it! Topics-per-issue, please search before posting.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1
I used Wigle on this phone for about 9 months without any issues. Two days ago a factory reset was done for a few reasons, and I was not concerned with backing up the data on the phone. Since the reset, the phone shows noticeably less "Visible Nets" that prior to the reset.

My line of thinking is this: Android 8 was installed on the phone, then the reset, finally a software update. Could the update also downgrade the performance of the antenna in the phone forcing an upgrade? It would make sense to do so from a manufacturers point of wanting to make new sales.

Suggestions?
Is the reset phone still on Android 8, or did the upgrade push you to 9?

Remember that Android PIe (9) is effectively the dead release for wardriving. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2547&start=30
You may be able to use some hacks such as the split-screen System Settings -> WiFi Networks panel or ADB throttle disabling to circumvent the throttle
Is the reset phone still on Android 8, or did the upgrade push you to 9?

Remember that Android PIe (9) is effectively the dead release for wardriving. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2547&start=30
You may be able to use some hacks such as the split-screen System Settings -> WiFi Networks panel or ADB throttle disabling to circumvent the throttle
The phone is on Android 8. The wigle app is the same version prior to the reset. I have been using the phone for 2 days now and I don't want to count my chickens, however, the phone and wigle seem to be back to their previous state. Will post an update in a few days.

Thanks for your time.
Phone is back to the previous state.
random ideas:
is the phone overheating or is the SD full/erroring?
I have a 64GB SD card inside the phone. I have less than 40 pictures on the phone. The only app that I installed is Wigle, and have checked to see if there is anything running in the background(there isn't). The phone doesn't get hot, even when I put the phone on my window sill to catch passing vehicles' bluetooth/wifi.

I am paying more attention to the information displayed in the "dashboard" tab, and things appear to be back to the pre factory reset state. If anything changes, I will update.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “Bugs”