Option to block uncategorized with hidden/spoofed MAC

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Would it be possible to implement that option into the Android app to block manually when observed during a stationary scan? Not just from logging but from attempting to pair with your device over Bluetooth?

Here at the Tom Sawyer Townhouse there are approximately 100 units within wi-fi range and that's not counting how many people come and go or vehicles pass in a 24 hour period. I'm well aware of what's going on around me at all times and very comfortable being here.

However, there have been several times when someone who is also comfortable in their abilities has tried to pair up with my tablet while the app is running by spoofing their MAC to 00:00:00:00 or a null/blank SSID.

It requires my authorization to pair up. I'll be presented with the option to accept or decline providing them access, and no thank you, but I would like the ability to block those spooks when they show themselves. I've tried to catch them in the act by surprize, live and in person, but do not require your valued assistance in that area. With all due respect.

I've got an app that will do exactly that, but it's shall we say...not the fine app yours is. Name of which available to Admin on request.

Thanks for a ton of fun and everthing you do.
Bluetooth pairing requests are at the operating system level, I'm afraid - we can't control that from the app.
Cheers,

-Ark

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”