Display routes for execution Issue

Talk about whatever

5 posts • Page 1 of 1
Why is the yellow line showing routes in locations I havent been to? I am sitting on my apt and the yellow line keeps moving around as though I am walking to these spots.
Also, when I did walk to an area it took a "shortcut" instead of following the exact route I walked.
Any ideas?
that's the show-route option - it is not on by default. If your GPS is acting up, it will bounce around (i.e. if you're indoors)
that's the show-route option - it is not on by default. If your GPS is acting up, it will bounce around (i.e. if you're indoors)
So I have to be outside for my GPS to work properly?
Modern phones use a combination of satellite ("GPS" or GNSS more accurately these days, since there are multiple "constellations" of satellites launched by different parties) and terrestrial signals to determine your location.

If you're someplace with few/few known terrestrial signals, then you default to only-satellite for location. Being indoors (degree depending on the structure) will absolutely interfere with GPS signals.
Got it, thanks. Was wondering why a lot of times I am looking at the map and location indicator keeps moving around like I am walking around or something. Weird.

quote=arkasha post_id=11360 time=1666794592 user_id=54]
Modern phones use a combination of satellite ("GPS" or GNSS more accurately these days, since there are multiple "constellations" of satellites launched by different parties) and terrestrial signals to determine your location.

If you're someplace with few/few known terrestrial signals, then you default to only-satellite for location. Being indoors (degree depending on the structure) will absolutely interfere with GPS signals.
[/quote]

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “General Grabbag”