Permanent scanner location

Talk about whatever

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby morpheios » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:40 pm

Hi, I'm new to scanning access points for the first month.

It is possible to set up a second cell phone permanently at one point, not far from the road and scan passing cars for Bluetooth and Hotspot. Of course with GPS.

Would such information be useful, or just littering the database?

Postby ecramp » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:50 pm

That would just be collecting information, the fact that the location is fixed probably isn't significant, after all if you are driving around and have Wigle running on your phone then you're collecting location information on every car hotspot that you pass too. I saw this years ago after driving into New Orleans and seeing a big (in those days) collection of WiFi spots on the Lake Pontchartrain causeway in the middle of the lake.

Postby morpheios » Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:43 pm

seeing a big (in those days) collection of WiFi spots on the Lake Pontchartrain causeway in the middle of the lake.
Lol :D . In Ukraine, there is a saying, "A rare bird will fly to the middle of the Dnieper," so, in the middle of the Dnieper River, there are large deposits of rare birds.

So should I include such a scanner or save space in the database? I think the detected car headsets will help find stolen cars or help with other OSINT.

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “General Grabbag”