JiGLE labels impossible to read

Suggestions for WiGLE/JiGLE/DiGLE

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby Eyecannon » Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:36 am

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but JiGLE can only display all or hide all AP labels, right? Either the zoom needs to go in more, or it should allow you to click on single AP's and display their names only.... they are simply too close together in parts of LA :/ THanks!

Postby bobzilla » Fri Oct 18, 2002 11:50 pm

If you click on the 'sel' Selecting button, you can then click on a point and see lots of data about it. It also renders it last, and black on a white background, so it is easy to read.
-bobzilla - WiGLE.net just a little bit

Postby Eyecannon » Sat Oct 19, 2002 12:44 am

I know about that option, but it makes it quite difficult to find a particular AP, like my own... Perhaps if an additional level of zoom was implimented it might help alot. And I'm pretty sure you have plans to do it, but vector mapping would obviously fix this problem as well, at the expense of bloating the software a bit.

Postby bobzilla » Sat Oct 19, 2002 3:35 am

We definately want to make higher resolution available, going to some sort of tiling system since images take up so much memory in java. We probably won't do client side map rendering since the data set is rather large even for a smallish area.

Postby Eyecannon » Sat Oct 19, 2002 5:27 am

Thanks alot! Can't wait to see what's to come ;)

Postby Eyecannon » Sat Oct 19, 2002 5:33 am

I meant to post this earlier, but forgot... just in case you hadn't seen the severity of the problem in LA: http://temp.eyecannon.com/jigle.jpg

=)

Postby bobzilla » Sat Oct 19, 2002 8:51 am

Yeah, information management is becoming an issue. :)

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to “WiGLE Project Suggestions”